One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These signals pace the peristaltic contractions, determining their frequency, velocity, and direction of migration.’
- ‘The radiologist commented on poor peristaltic activity.’
- ‘Local stimulation by distension along the body of the esophagus will elicit a peristaltic wave at the stimulus site.’
- ‘The normal esophagus responds immediately with a reflexive peristaltic contraction, a phenomenon called secondary peristalsis.’
- ‘He also suggested an expiratory wave of peristaltic smooth muscle contraction starting from the periphery to aid in exhalation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.