One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Local stimulation by distension along the body of the esophagus will elicit a peristaltic wave at the stimulus site.’
- ‘These signals pace the peristaltic contractions, determining their frequency, velocity, and direction of migration.’
- ‘The radiologist commented on poor peristaltic activity.’
- ‘He also suggested an expiratory wave of peristaltic smooth muscle contraction starting from the periphery to aid in exhalation.’
- ‘The normal esophagus responds immediately with a reflexive peristaltic contraction, a phenomenon called secondary peristalsis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.