One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The nervous system outside the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘The nervous system is subdivided into the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.’
- ‘The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.’
- ‘Electrical synapses couple the electrical activity of neurons in central and peripheral nervous systems of vertebrates and invertebrates.’
- ‘The autonomic nervous system includes parts of the central and peripheral nervous systems.’
- ‘In addition to generating the peripheral nervous system, neural crest stem cells generate other tissues such as bone, cartilage, some types of muscle, and even part of the heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.