Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The nervous system outside the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘The nervous system is subdivided into the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.’
- ‘The autonomic nervous system includes parts of the central and peripheral nervous systems.’
- ‘The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.’
- ‘Electrical synapses couple the electrical activity of neurons in central and peripheral nervous systems of vertebrates and invertebrates.’
- ‘In addition to generating the peripheral nervous system, neural crest stem cells generate other tissues such as bone, cartilage, some types of muscle, and even part of the heart.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.