Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The nervous system outside the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘The nervous system is subdivided into the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.’
- ‘The autonomic nervous system includes parts of the central and peripheral nervous systems.’
- ‘The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.’
- ‘Electrical synapses couple the electrical activity of neurons in central and peripheral nervous systems of vertebrates and invertebrates.’
- ‘In addition to generating the peripheral nervous system, neural crest stem cells generate other tissues such as bone, cartilage, some types of muscle, and even part of the heart.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.