Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a process or treatment) occurring or performed at or around the time of an operation.‘perioperative deaths’
- ‘The very patients who have the most to gain in terms of added life years and quality face the highest perioperative risk of death.’
- ‘The text of this pattern describes the process of becoming a perioperative nurse.’
- ‘Understanding the revenue process for a perioperative program can be overwhelming.’
- ‘No patient had perioperative complications or ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.’
- ‘Firstly, we look only at mortality in hospital, and results published from the database include all perioperative deaths.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.