One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As for accepting the words ‘twenty-first’ and ‘century,’ our inner historians should cry out for better periodization.’
- ‘These were accepted largely without question and we have lived with this periodisation for almost two hundred years.…’
- ‘Spring, summer, autumn, and winter are nature-made periodizations with which people have long understood changes in their environments and lives.’
- ‘The chronological periodisation is defined by different thematic concerns as well as by the presence of different patrons and markets.’
- ‘What is clear is that the various ‘post ‘categories are not very useful in any attempt at periodization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.