One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table of the chemical elements arranged in order of atomic number, usually in rows, so that elements with similar atomic structure (and hence similar chemical properties) appear in vertical columns.
- ‘When you move down the periodic table, as the atomic numbers increase, the elements become rarer.’
- ‘The most basic part of chemical notation is the abbreviations for elements used in the periodic table.’
- ‘Inorganic chemistry is the study of the chemistry of all the elements in the periodic table except for carbon.’
- ‘This weight is the number assigned to each of the chemical elements in the periodic table.’
- ‘Going down a column on the periodic table the atomic numbers differ by eight between rows one and two and two and three.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.