One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring around the nucleus of a cell.
- ‘Untreated cells displayed bright perinuclear and punctuate fluorescence, an indication of the accumulation of the dye in the mitochondria.’
- ‘At the same time, many of the lysosomes were situated in the perinuclear region and overlapped spatially with the signal of 4.’
- ‘As a result, the cytoarchitecture of the perinuclear region of cells is well characterized, but other regions such as the lamellipodium and cellular projections are not.’
- ‘Although microfilaments were inconspicuous in these cells, perinuclear bundles of intermediate filaments were evident.’
- ‘Interestingly, our results also showed that the leukemic cells retained the perinuclear, large, blocklike granular staining in 8 of 14 cases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.