Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring around the nucleus of a cell.
- ‘Interestingly, our results also showed that the leukemic cells retained the perinuclear, large, blocklike granular staining in 8 of 14 cases.’
- ‘Untreated cells displayed bright perinuclear and punctuate fluorescence, an indication of the accumulation of the dye in the mitochondria.’
- ‘At the same time, many of the lysosomes were situated in the perinuclear region and overlapped spatially with the signal of 4.’
- ‘Although microfilaments were inconspicuous in these cells, perinuclear bundles of intermediate filaments were evident.’
- ‘As a result, the cytoarchitecture of the perinuclear region of cells is well characterized, but other regions such as the lamellipodium and cellular projections are not.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.