One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring around the nucleus of a cell.
- ‘Although microfilaments were inconspicuous in these cells, perinuclear bundles of intermediate filaments were evident.’
- ‘Interestingly, our results also showed that the leukemic cells retained the perinuclear, large, blocklike granular staining in 8 of 14 cases.’
- ‘As a result, the cytoarchitecture of the perinuclear region of cells is well characterized, but other regions such as the lamellipodium and cellular projections are not.’
- ‘At the same time, many of the lysosomes were situated in the perinuclear region and overlapped spatially with the signal of 4.’
- ‘Untreated cells displayed bright perinuclear and punctuate fluorescence, an indication of the accumulation of the dye in the mitochondria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.