Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The area between the anus and the scrotum or vulva.
- ‘A seat that's too narrow will place your weight on the soft tissue between your sit bones - for men, on the perineum where the penile nerves and blood vessels are located.’
- ‘The perineal area includes the pubis, vulva, labia, perineum, anus, and adjacent area, including the inner aspects of the upper third of the thighs.’
- ‘Scrub downward over the vulva and perineum beginning over the pubic area and ending in the anal area; discard the sponge after going over the anus.’
- ‘Eventually, yogis learn to isolate the perineum, a key area of sexual pleasure for both men and women.’
- ‘Although you'll have an anaesthetic when the stitching is done, it can add to the bruising of your vaginal area and perineum.’
Late Middle English: from late Latin, from Greek perinaion.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.