One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
- ‘They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.’
- ‘Studies have shown that perinatal and paediatric autopsies are performed best by perinatal and paediatric pathologists.’
- ‘These results demonstrate that perinatal inflammation can influence lung development.’
- ‘Obtain a thorough medical and dental history, covering the prenatal, perinatal and postnatal periods.’
- ‘Preterm birth is a major challenge in perinatal health care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.