Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
- ‘They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.’
- ‘Preterm birth is a major challenge in perinatal health care.’
- ‘Studies have shown that perinatal and paediatric autopsies are performed best by perinatal and paediatric pathologists.’
- ‘Obtain a thorough medical and dental history, covering the prenatal, perinatal and postnatal periods.’
- ‘These results demonstrate that perinatal inflammation can influence lung development.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.