One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Measurement of a person's field of vision.
- ‘But glaucoma in particular could only be detected through eye examinations, and to check thoroughly three tests were needed - ophthalmoscopy, tonometry and perimetry.’
- ‘In the recent check up I was diagnosed with early stage of chronic open angle glaucoma in both eyes by computerised field perimetry - left eye more than right, although left eye is much less myopic than right one.’
- ‘Intraocular pressure, the optic nerve, and perimetry provide complementary clues but are not easily combined in population-based screening programs.’
- ‘Fundoscopy showed severe disc swelling, and perimetry showed visual field defects, which were most extensive in both lower quadrants.’
- ‘Current evidence suggests that the defect is unlikely to develop if perimetry gives normal results after more than three years of treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.