Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The period of a woman's life shortly before the occurrence of the menopause.‘I treat a lot of women who are going through the perimenopause’
- ‘With the population distribution in the United States, perimenopause and menopause are by far the most common cause of night sweats in a primary care population.’
- ‘Here we tackle important issues that are relevant to women of all ages, things like endometriosis, osteoporosis, fertility and perimenopause.’
- ‘The timing of the fertile window is even less predictable for women with less regular cycles, which includes adolescents and women in their perimenopause.’
- ‘Confused over the difference between perimenopause and menopause?’
- ‘According to Western physiology, perimenopause is the transition period leading up to menopause and can last for 1 to 5 years.’
- ‘Seizure control may also change during perimenopause because of fluctuations in estrogen and progesterone.’
- ‘Because perimenopause typically occurs at the midpoint of a woman's life, it's a perfect opportunity to take stock and make sure you're doing everything you can to stay healthy.’
- ‘During perimenopause, your body may become more resistant to insulin.’
- ‘Hot flashes are the most common and troublesome symptoms reported by women during and after perimenopause.’
- ‘Women in perimenopause - the life stage immediately preceding menopause - should use the cream for three weeks and then wait a week before using the cream again.’
- ‘Women experience a broad range of changes during perimenopause that can affect much more than just their reproductive system.’
- ‘Estrogen levels, body thermostats and mood often fluctuate in the perimenopause.’
- ‘These often begin in the phase just before menopause, called perimenopause, which can last a few years.’
- ‘I treat a lot of women who are going through the perimenopause and menopause, and often their complaint is that even if hormonally they're feeling OK, there's a loss of libido.’
- ‘Three kinds of exercise are particularly helpful in reducing troublesome symptoms of perimenopause and menopause.’
- ‘This condition most frequently results from changes in hormone levels that occur during menstruation or with perimenopause and menopause.’
- ‘The median onset of the perimenopause is between 45.5 and 47.5 years.’
- ‘Symptoms of perimenopause can include such things as hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings.’
- ‘These disturbances may begin in perimenopause, five to seven years before menopause, when the production of estrogen and progesterone hormones decreases.’
- ‘Excess facial hair can also occur during perimenopause and menopause as estrogen levels gradually diminish.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.