One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring around a joint of the body.
- ‘Investigations for inflammatory disease were negative and a plain x-ray showed only periarticular osteopenia and a joint effusion (left).’
- ‘The position and orientation of the joint, and the presence of degenerative changes and periarticular ossifications were reviewed.’
- ‘Early on in the inflammatory process, only the periarticular portion of the bones are affected.’
- ‘When a patient complains of joint pain, the first step is to determine whether the source of the pain is the joint or a periarticular soft tissue structure such as a bursa or tendon.’
- ‘Pain in degenerative bone and joint disease is usually said to be due to inflamed periarticular soft tissues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.