One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fluid used in perfusion.
- ‘After a further 15 min of perfusion with isosmolar perfusate, we added back leukocytes to the perfusate before instilling either acid or saline in the airway.’
- ‘They found that lungs flushed with a high perfusate volume given at a high flow rate resulted in significantly better cooling of the lungs and better lung function after reperfusion.’
- ‘The characteristics of the perfusate did not significantly change in terms of blood temperature, pH, sodium concentration, or hematocrit throughout the experiment and were comparable between the groups.’
- ‘The rats were then treated with isoproterenol via the perfusate.’
- ‘We allowed flow to continue until less than 1 drop of perfusate drained from the circulation in 10 seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.