One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fluid used in perfusion.
- ‘They found that lungs flushed with a high perfusate volume given at a high flow rate resulted in significantly better cooling of the lungs and better lung function after reperfusion.’
- ‘The rats were then treated with isoproterenol via the perfusate.’
- ‘The characteristics of the perfusate did not significantly change in terms of blood temperature, pH, sodium concentration, or hematocrit throughout the experiment and were comparable between the groups.’
- ‘We allowed flow to continue until less than 1 drop of perfusate drained from the circulation in 10 seconds.’
- ‘After a further 15 min of perfusion with isosmolar perfusate, we added back leukocytes to the perfusate before instilling either acid or saline in the airway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.