Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Forms of creative activity that are performed in front of an audience, such as drama, music, and dance.‘a centre for the performing arts’
- ‘The event included a stage with performing arts, music, dance and song.’
- ‘Bradford could become a centre for the performing arts drawing audiences from considerable distances.’
- ‘She has performed in theatres since childhood and did a performing arts degree at university.’
- ‘The festival is for those involved in the amateur performing arts in the fields of music, dance, speech and drama.’
- ‘This year, the performing arts emphasis is on dance, but there is a smattering of theatre.’
- ‘That is why performing arts and other art forms are used often to communicate social messages.’
- ‘Organisers say that the idea is to expose the audience to different performing arts.’
- ‘The centre will cater for young artists, who will be able to develop their skills in painting or performing arts.’
- ‘There will also be a range of music and performing arts including 14 different jazz performances.’
- ‘To go for two subjects, technology and the performing arts, is unusual as schools usually focus on just one.’
- ‘Specialist colleges can focus on languages, the performing arts, science or technology.’
- ‘He has given them access to music and related performing arts.’
- ‘The new site as well as being home to the Abbey will also be a centre for the performing arts.’
- ‘Likewise a performer needs to know everything about the performing arts.’
- ‘Exchanges of performing arts including music, dance and drama are also frequent.’
- ‘It has also protested against the loss of a town centre location for a community facility and the lack of performing arts facilities.’
- ‘There is a reason, I think, why the performing arts are so important for creating social change.’
- ‘She also looks like she could go a long way in the competition, as she gives off that whole drama school / performing arts vibe.’
- ‘It is essential that there is a proper venue for amateur performing arts in the city centre.’
- ‘The existing library will be transformed into a drama studio and performing arts area which can also be used for lectures.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.