Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who entertains an audience.‘a circus performer’
actor, actress, thespian, artiste, artist, entertainer, trouperstar, superstarexecutanttroupe, company, castView synonyms
- ‘Because of the young age of some of the performers, two casts will be taking part.’
- ‘For the next month the centre will play host to dozens of entertainers and performers.’
- ‘Arrangements are also underway for street performers to entertain the crowds.’
- ‘She is the only girl in the acrobatic troupe, and at 17 the youngest of the performers.’
- ‘The excellence of the artists and performers was enhanced by the great food and wine.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.