One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've gone places to read my poetry and the host would introduce me as a performance poet, which is fascinating.’
- ‘But on the Gold Coast I met an extraordinary creature: a performance poet.’
- ‘‘I want people to realize spoken word is fun,’ he says, in a surprisingly soft voice that belies the spotlight-loving side of this performance poet.’
- ‘As he shared his poetry and his life with us, his passion for kung fu and football, Vegan food and banknotes, we found ourselves in tears from total identification with this dreadlocked, charismatic performance poet.’
- ‘Making poetry my art and my means of financial survival I was probably the first Australian full-time professional performance poet with a wife, family and mortgage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.