Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who refuses to accept any standard short of perfection.‘he was a perfectionist who worked slowly’
purist, stickler for perfection, idealist, pedant, precisionist, formalistprecisianView synonyms
- ‘With the help of his friends, he turns to a corporate workaholic perfectionist lawyer.’
- ‘Professionally, she is a perfectionist who demands high standards from her work.’
- ‘It took me all of two minutes to get working, plus an hour of perfectionist fiddling to get this pretty map.’
- ‘In contrast, adaptive perfectionists strive only to reach their own goals, not the goals set for them by other people.’
- ‘Self-acceptance, an acceptance of one's imperfections and weaknesses, is very difficult for perfectionists.’
Refusing to accept any standard short of perfection.
- ‘Back when I was perfectionist youngster I would have taken each missed shot as a personal affront.’
- ‘In this respect, blogging has revealed a perfectionist streak in me which I didn't know I had.’
- ‘As the only child of a perfectionist mother, I have been presented with some unusual challenges.’
- ‘Offers of new material aren't met due to the Yen's perfectionist outlook.’
- ‘Every object he touched had to live up to his perfectionist standard.’
- ‘The perfectionist chef, Luca, made the soup colourful.’
- ‘None of that was enough for the perfectionist genius.’
- ‘Never once do we believe that these are professional, perfectionist killers.’
- ‘What they disagree on is where perfectionist ideals should be invoked.’
- ‘Has this famed perfectionist workaholic chef found a new obsession?’
- ‘Nothing much changes here thankfully - the perfectionist standards remain.’
- ‘The problem starts with my perfectionist streak.’
- ‘They believe the world is filled with incompetents, with only a few folks who approach their own perfectionist standards.’
- ‘As a perfectionist student, I hated being made an example of every time I couldn't complete warm-up exercises in PE class.’
- ‘A perfectionist graphic designer kept turning his work in late, not appreciating that his timeliness was every bit as important as the quality of his work product.’
- ‘Procrastination often comes from unrealistic perfectionist tendencies, self-doubt, or fear of change.’
- ‘She realised that her perfectionist approach to her work had caused a lot of tension in her muscles.’
- ‘With the help of his friends, he turns to Rita Harrison, a corporate workaholic perfectionist lawyer.’
- ‘Her perfectionist approach makes reading reviews difficult.’
- ‘Don't allow perfectionist standards to interfere with progress on your dissertation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.