One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A performance.‘his second Oscar-winning perf’‘overall, our perf was decent’
- ‘The non-professional cast delivers relaxed, modern perfs, though occasional post-production dubbing is a distraction.’
- ‘The superhero pic's weekend perf included $95.4 million overseas, lifting the international tally to $628.9 million.’
- ‘Here's the official site, including the trailer for the two-night perf at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium.’
- ‘The excesses of the story are reined in by intelligent treatment, with thoughtful perfs, fine period atmospherics and a well-achieved sense of dread.’
- ‘In the midst of all the flash there are two amazingly iconic lead perfs and a shockingly cynical, dryly served final twist.’
- ‘"Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons on Broadway" posted receipts of $633,900 from only three perfs, with an average price paid coming in at $125.’
- ‘The perf itself was not bad but not great either.’
- ‘He played at that concert and gave memorable perfs at the Monterey Pop and Woodstock festivals in the mid-'60s.’
- ‘The film is cool, geometric take on an urban call girl's life, with a stellar perf by the late Katrin Cartlidge.’
- ‘His dry and underplayed perf as paranoid numero uno keeps the pic afloat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.