Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A performance:‘his second Oscar-winning perf’‘overall, our perf was decent’
- ‘In the midst of all the flash there are two amazingly iconic lead perfs and a shockingly cynical, dryly served final twist.’
- ‘The non-professional cast delivers relaxed, modern perfs, though occasional post-production dubbing is a distraction.’
- ‘He played at that concert and gave memorable perfs at the Monterey Pop and Woodstock festivals in the mid-'60s.’
- ‘The excesses of the story are reined in by intelligent treatment, with thoughtful perfs, fine period atmospherics and a well-achieved sense of dread.’
- ‘The film is cool, geometric take on an urban call girl's life, with a stellar perf by the late Katrin Cartlidge.’
- ‘The perf itself was not bad but not great either.’
- ‘The superhero pic's weekend perf included $95.4 million overseas, lifting the international tally to $628.9 million.’
- ‘Here's the official site, including the trailer for the two-night perf at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium.’
- ‘"Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons on Broadway" posted receipts of $633,900 from only three perfs, with an average price paid coming in at $125.’
- ‘His dry and underplayed perf as paranoid numero uno keeps the pic afloat.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.