One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toxic colourless volatile solvent used commonly as a dry-cleaning fluid.
Chemical formula: Cl₂CCCl₂Also called tetrachloroethylene
- ‘This will limit your exposure to perchloroethylene, a solvent used in dry cleaning.’
- ‘These often contain perchloroethylene, the solvent used in dry cleaning, which emits carcinogenic fumes that can make you lightheaded, nauseous, and disoriented.’
- ‘The primary solvent used in dry cleaning is perchloroethylene, also known as tetrachloroethylene and commonly known as perc.’
- ‘One of those toxic chemicals was the dry cleaning solvent, perchlorethylene.’
- ‘The toxic solvent, perchloroethylene, is used to dry clean clothes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.