One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toxic colourless volatile solvent used commonly as a dry-cleaning fluid.
Chemical formula: Cl₂CCCl₂Also called tetrachloroethylene
- ‘These often contain perchloroethylene, the solvent used in dry cleaning, which emits carcinogenic fumes that can make you lightheaded, nauseous, and disoriented.’
- ‘One of those toxic chemicals was the dry cleaning solvent, perchlorethylene.’
- ‘The toxic solvent, perchloroethylene, is used to dry clean clothes.’
- ‘This will limit your exposure to perchloroethylene, a solvent used in dry cleaning.’
- ‘The primary solvent used in dry cleaning is perchloroethylene, also known as tetrachloroethylene and commonly known as perc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.