One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of perchloric acid.
- ‘Many recent analytical advances address ongoing problems, including arsenic, perchlorates, and methyl tert butyl ether in soil and water supplies.’
- ‘Potassium perchlorate is the oxidizing agent used to set off fireworks.’
- ‘Ammonium perchlorate (an oxidizer) accounts for 70% of the solid propellant in the shuttle's booster rockets because it generates so much gas when burning.’
- ‘Simultaneously, hydrogen ions are produced, which react with the perchlorate ions making perchloric acid.’
- ‘Researchers in Texas have detected the chemical perchlorate in milk, crops, and a significant portion of the state's groundwater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.