One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of perchloric acid.
- ‘Researchers in Texas have detected the chemical perchlorate in milk, crops, and a significant portion of the state's groundwater.’
- ‘Potassium perchlorate is the oxidizing agent used to set off fireworks.’
- ‘Simultaneously, hydrogen ions are produced, which react with the perchlorate ions making perchloric acid.’
- ‘Ammonium perchlorate (an oxidizer) accounts for 70% of the solid propellant in the shuttle's booster rockets because it generates so much gas when burning.’
- ‘Many recent analytical advances address ongoing problems, including arsenic, perchlorates, and methyl tert butyl ether in soil and water supplies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.