One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt which is an oxidized borate containing a peroxide linkage, especially a sodium salt of this kind used as a bleach.‘one of the common peroxide bleaches, perborate, produces boron when it breaks down’count noun ‘it is obtained by action of acids on hydrated barium dioxide or from perborates’
- ‘Of the peroxy type bleaches, sodium perborate is the least expensive.’
- ‘This fabric may yellow so it should be bleached frequently with sodium perborate bleach.’
- ‘Sodium chlorite, hypochlorite, perborate, and peroxide are used to bleach paper, cotton, and rayon.’
- ‘These solid bleaches contain ingredients like perborate or percarbonate - compounds that react in water to release hydrogen peroxide.’
- ‘If stains remain after several washings, try bleaching white cottons and linens with chlorine or sodium perborate bleach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.