One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There were no cartographers, no global positioning system, apart from the tramp of human feet in solemn perambulations.’
- ‘At night, no one is allowed to walk around the camp without a guide, in case they bump into one of the enormous hippos that stroll past the chalets during their nocturnal perambulations from river to bush.’
- ‘Yet despite being saddle-sore (I refused to use a specially inflatable seat cover printed with Dennis the Menace's face) and walking like John Wayne, I actually started to enjoy my regular daily perambulations.’
- ‘But he noticed it was missing one day during one of his many perambulations around the city.’
- ‘In his perambulations around the city he comes across as a sort of explorer and courier between one block of cultural information and the next.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.