One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At night, no one is allowed to walk around the camp without a guide, in case they bump into one of the enormous hippos that stroll past the chalets during their nocturnal perambulations from river to bush.’
- ‘In his perambulations around the city he comes across as a sort of explorer and courier between one block of cultural information and the next.’
- ‘Yet despite being saddle-sore (I refused to use a specially inflatable seat cover printed with Dennis the Menace's face) and walking like John Wayne, I actually started to enjoy my regular daily perambulations.’
- ‘There were no cartographers, no global positioning system, apart from the tramp of human feet in solemn perambulations.’
- ‘But he noticed it was missing one day during one of his many perambulations around the city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.