Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme which breaks down peptides into amino acids.
- ‘This enzyme may also act as a glutamyl peptidase, requiring only water as an acceptor.’
- ‘Some bacteria naturally have more of these protease and peptidase enzymes than other bacteria, so careful characterization is necessary to select the strains with the highest level of the desired enzymes.’
- ‘The peptidase activities in the gingival fluid were maintained at lower levels during the experimental period in the test sites, while it reached 70% of that at baseline in the placebo sites.’
- ‘Pancreatic trypsin is a member of the large and diverse serine peptidase family.’
- ‘Once inside the stroma, the transit sequence is cleaved off by the stromal processing peptidase.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.