One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which breaks down peptides into amino acids.
- ‘Once inside the stroma, the transit sequence is cleaved off by the stromal processing peptidase.’
- ‘Some bacteria naturally have more of these protease and peptidase enzymes than other bacteria, so careful characterization is necessary to select the strains with the highest level of the desired enzymes.’
- ‘This enzyme may also act as a glutamyl peptidase, requiring only water as an acceptor.’
- ‘The peptidase activities in the gingival fluid were maintained at lower levels during the experimental period in the test sites, while it reached 70% of that at baseline in the placebo sites.’
- ‘Pancreatic trypsin is a member of the large and diverse serine peptidase family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.