One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beef and pork sausage seasoned with pepper.
- ‘Since my beer was free, I had a little extra money to order a pizza with pepperoni and onions.’
- ‘Everyone decided on three different kinds of pizza: cheese, pepperoni, and everything.’
- ‘And it's not just how much pepperoni goes on the pizza or how much mayo goes in the tuna.’
- ‘Skip the pepperoni, sausage, bacon or extra cheese since these add fat, saturated fat and cholesterol to the pizza.’
- ‘He called the number and ordered the two pepperoni and sausage pizzas aright after Aaron left to pick up Fanny.’
- ‘Add soy pepperoni to veggie pizza, or combine sliced soy sausage with peppers, onions and potatoes for a hearty stir-fry.’
- ‘Then you just layer on the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pepperoni or salami and put it back into the oven.’
- ‘The only drawback is the lack of sausage and pepperoni, but pork isn't very healthy anyway.’
- ‘It was morning and we were all sitting on the floor in my bedroom eating leftover pepperoni and hamburger pizza for breakfast.’
- ‘There were four slices with everything on it, two slices of cheese and one pepperoni and sausage.’
- ‘Add tomatoes, stock, beans, pepperoni or ham, chilli powder and basil.’
- ‘Anyway, I got a large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and peppers.’
- ‘I'm also going to look for the best pepperoni pizza in Seattle.’
- ‘Yes, fatty hamburgers, pepperoni, bacon, and ribs are unhealthy and should be eaten only occasionally, if at all.’
- ‘They'd forgotten not to put pepperoni on the pizza we ordered last night,’
- ‘There's pork mince, peppers, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, tomato purée and herbs in it.’
- ‘Why stop with just one meat when you can drown a pizza in pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, beef, and pork toppings?’
- ‘Choose a salad instead of French fries, or cheese pizza instead of pepperoni, she advised.’
- ‘Nearly two-thirds of all restaurant visits include French fries, pepperoni, potato salad or jelly filling.’
- ‘She's complaining because I ordered pepperoni on one and sausage on the other.’
From Italian peperone ‘chilli’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.