One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beef and pork sausage seasoned with pepper.
- ‘Since my beer was free, I had a little extra money to order a pizza with pepperoni and onions.’
- ‘I'm also going to look for the best pepperoni pizza in Seattle.’
- ‘Then you just layer on the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pepperoni or salami and put it back into the oven.’
- ‘There were four slices with everything on it, two slices of cheese and one pepperoni and sausage.’
- ‘Yes, fatty hamburgers, pepperoni, bacon, and ribs are unhealthy and should be eaten only occasionally, if at all.’
- ‘Choose a salad instead of French fries, or cheese pizza instead of pepperoni, she advised.’
- ‘Add soy pepperoni to veggie pizza, or combine sliced soy sausage with peppers, onions and potatoes for a hearty stir-fry.’
- ‘Add tomatoes, stock, beans, pepperoni or ham, chilli powder and basil.’
- ‘Nearly two-thirds of all restaurant visits include French fries, pepperoni, potato salad or jelly filling.’
- ‘She's complaining because I ordered pepperoni on one and sausage on the other.’
- ‘Everyone decided on three different kinds of pizza: cheese, pepperoni, and everything.’
- ‘It was morning and we were all sitting on the floor in my bedroom eating leftover pepperoni and hamburger pizza for breakfast.’
- ‘There's pork mince, peppers, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, tomato purée and herbs in it.’
- ‘And it's not just how much pepperoni goes on the pizza or how much mayo goes in the tuna.’
- ‘Skip the pepperoni, sausage, bacon or extra cheese since these add fat, saturated fat and cholesterol to the pizza.’
- ‘Why stop with just one meat when you can drown a pizza in pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, beef, and pork toppings?’
- ‘The only drawback is the lack of sausage and pepperoni, but pork isn't very healthy anyway.’
- ‘He called the number and ordered the two pepperoni and sausage pizzas aright after Aaron left to pick up Fanny.’
- ‘Anyway, I got a large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and peppers.’
- ‘They'd forgotten not to put pepperoni on the pizza we ordered last night,’
From Italian peperone ‘chilli’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.