One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is engaged in the illegal transportation of people from one country to another.‘the country's geographical location and long coastline make it particularly vulnerable to people smugglers’
- ‘Many of those coming here by boat do so at the hands of people smugglers, a trade steeped in exploitation.’
- ‘To send him to Europe, Adem's family sold its home and paid people smugglers $7,000, he said.’
- ‘He arrived in France in 2006, after his father, a farm labourer in Punjab, put him on a plane with a people smuggler and a fake passport.’
- ‘A Home Affairs Minister said the government would pay up to $200,000 for information that led to the arrest of people smugglers.’
- ‘Another people smuggler has been arrested by police in the most concerted effort in years to catch those who transport refugees by boat to Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.