One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Jews and Christians as regarded by Muslims.
- ‘Do the People of the Book in the verse refer to the Jews and Christians of all times?’
- ‘The People of the Book will say a prayer, thanking God / Yahweh / Allah for the food.’
- ‘It is often said by Muslims that there is respect in traditional Islam for the People of the Book - that is, Jews and Christians.’
- ‘Muslim men are permitted to marry non-Muslim women from the People of the Book - i.e. Jews and Christians.’
- ‘Some modern thinkers call for recognition of the ties binding the People of the Book together as a means of promoting interfaith dialogue and cooperation.’
- ‘We cannot marry in any circumstances among the followers of other religious barring the People of the Book.’
- ‘Instead, there is a far greater possibility that such marriages will positively influence the women of the People of the Book by inducing them to accept Islam.’
- ‘Then the people of the Qu'ran join with the People of the Book, admiring their common prophets.’
- ‘The ultimate challenges of the People of the Book have never been physical ones.’
- ‘The Jews became known as the People of the Book, a title given them by Mohammed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.