One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A political system in which power is regarded as being invested in the people.
- ‘The other day someone told me the difference between a democracy and a people's democracy.’
- ‘The party's mission was to dismantle the colonial state and build a new social order, namely, a revolutionary people's democracy.’
- ‘Finally, there should not be any barriers in a people's democracy.’
- ‘Communist power was collapsing in 1989 in the people's democracies of eastern and central Europe.’
- ‘He once cracked that the difference between democracy and people's democracy was the difference between a jacket and a straitjacket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.