One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A political system in which power is regarded as being invested in the people.
- ‘The other day someone told me the difference between a democracy and a people's democracy.’
- ‘Finally, there should not be any barriers in a people's democracy.’
- ‘He once cracked that the difference between democracy and people's democracy was the difference between a jacket and a straitjacket.’
- ‘The party's mission was to dismantle the colonial state and build a new social order, namely, a revolutionary people's democracy.’
- ‘Communist power was collapsing in 1989 in the people's democracies of eastern and central Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.