One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oxide containing five atoms of oxygen in its molecule or empirical formula.
- ‘The thin covering is composed of alternating layers of silicon dioxide and tantalum pentoxide.’
- ‘In one method, naphthalene is oxidized with vanadium pentoxide to give phthalic anhydride.’
- ‘Glass-forming substances are usually silica, boric oxide, phosphorous pentoxide, or feldspars.’
- ‘It would also involve the re-tubing of two primary wet electrostatic precipitators, the pre-heater exchanger and replacement of 6,000 litres of vanadium pentoxide catalyst in the converter.’
- ‘The procedure was repeated three times and the filtrate was dried in an oven at 100°C and cooled over phosphorus pentoxide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.