Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a valency of five.
- ‘Treatment has traditionally been with pentavalent antimony compounds such as solustibosan.’
- ‘The soldiers were treated with intravenous pentavalent antimonial therapy daily for 20 days with good clinical improvement.’
- ‘The other inorganic pentavalent salt tested (sodium hexafluoroarsenate) was not genotoxic in either of the two studies carried out.’
- ‘Because pentavalent antimony is difficult to use, consultation with an infectious disease specialist and the CDC is recommended before using it.’
- ‘Table 4 includes the recommended dosage of pentavalent antimony and other treatment options.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.