One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In a more recent report, a pentameric toroid-type magainin pore was proposed that consisted of one dimer and three monomers.’
- ‘They are pentameric membrane proteins that incorporate an integral ion channel.’
- ‘One of the most distinctive characteristics of this enzyme is that it is found in different species in two different quaternary structures, pentameric and icosahedral, built from practically the same structural monomeric unit.’
- ‘Here, we concentrate on the case of the pentamers being distributed in a plane, as would be the case if we were examining pentameric ion channels confined within a lipid membrane.’
- ‘All members of the superfamily share the same pentameric quaternary structure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.