One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of symmetry) fivefold, as typical of many echinoderms.Compare with pentamerous
- ‘The most distinctive thing about echinoderm appearance is their pentameral - that is, a five fold - radial symmetry.’
- ‘The distinctive pentameral symmetry of this specimen has no close similarity to figured articular facets of fossil and recent hyocrinids.’
- ‘However, holothurians retain pentameral (five-rayed) symmetry, with five rows of tube feet running from the mouth along the body.’
- ‘The echinoderm body plan has pentameral symmetry, a water vascular system and a ring-shaped nervous system.’
- ‘Members of the Early Cambrian classes tend to have rather simple morphology with short stems, poorly developed pentameral symmetry, and numerous plates; in addition, diversity was low with only one or two genera occurring together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.