One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The door opens, the shaven head behind it tilts pensively.’
- ‘It all looks rather William Morris-ish, as if there ought to be a lady in a brocade dress, weighted down by her hair, pensively lingering among the blossom.’
- ‘Anita was deep in thought, staring pensively at the grass.’
- ‘A little boy is pictured with his hands raised high, eyes looking off camera, lips pursed pensively to show off his adorable chubby cheeks.’
- ‘He studies his smoked-salmon starter pensively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.