One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fund from which pensions are paid, accumulated from contributions from employers, employees, or both.
- ‘One of the things they wanted to do was to say that it would be made illegal for an employer to insist on an employee belonging to a pension fund.’
- ‘This is not the case with their main pension fund, which must be used to purchase an annuity.’
- ‘As the insurance company will now be guaranteeing your pension fund, you may get less than you had expected.’
- ‘This means employees will have to save more of their own income into a pension fund to achieve a decent retirement income.’
- ‘I would like to manage my own pension fund as a self-administered scheme and choose my own stocks.’
- ‘Some people have invested all or part of their pension fund money in hedge funds.’
- ‘You can think of the charges as being like a leak in the pension fund, with money dripping out at a certain rate each year.’
- ‘This is a common way of making up any deficits within the pension fund.’
- ‘If there is a shortfall, you can cash in some of the balance in the pension fund to pay off the remainder of the mortgage.’
- ‘The fact remains that when the stock market has a down year, there is a pretty good chance your pension fund will have one as well.’
- ‘The employee has much greater capacity to build up a pension fund and can draw on his benefits earlier.’
- ‘You are still almost entirely at the mercy of your employer and their pension fund managers.’
- ‘In determining the actuarial surplus in a pension fund, actuaries make key assumptions.’
- ‘You must also be able to move the accumulated pension fund to another provider free of charge.’
- ‘The incentive to pay into a pension fund is obviously the tax relief you get on your contributions.’
- ‘It offers a hedge fund that takes significantly higher risk than a standard pension fund.’
- ‘Income withdrawal is an option which allows you to put off buying an annuity and live directly off the pension fund itself.’
- ‘Savers will lose out too and so will anyone about to convert their pension fund into an annuity since rates are likely to fall there as well.’
- ‘Whatever about the change in date, the reasons for starting a pension fund are as compelling as ever.’
- ‘This means that women who are not yet saving in a private pension fund are risking a huge shortfall when it comes to retirement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.