One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for amusement arcade
- ‘It was, I surmised, just old Mr Jones from the penny arcade trying to scare everybody away so he could claim the pirates' treasure hidden in the town library.’
- ‘Videogames have come a long way since Pong (Atari's bare-bones version of tennis) took its place beside the pinball machine in the penny arcade.’
- ‘There is a Victorian market place with a Victorian penny arcade.’
- ‘Located inside their penny arcade, they charged a nickel for admission and were soon operating from 8 a.m. to midnight.’
- ‘The fair's historical attractions include the Aerial Glide, which was built in 1905 and initially called the Cape to Cairo Railway, and the penny arcade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.