One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for amusement arcade
- ‘There is a Victorian market place with a Victorian penny arcade.’
- ‘Videogames have come a long way since Pong (Atari's bare-bones version of tennis) took its place beside the pinball machine in the penny arcade.’
- ‘The fair's historical attractions include the Aerial Glide, which was built in 1905 and initially called the Cape to Cairo Railway, and the penny arcade.’
- ‘It was, I surmised, just old Mr Jones from the penny arcade trying to scare everybody away so he could claim the pirates' treasure hidden in the town library.’
- ‘Located inside their penny arcade, they charged a nickel for admission and were soon operating from 8 a.m. to midnight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.