One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to an area of land almost surrounded by water or projecting out into a body of water.‘the counties of peninsular Florida’
- ‘Mountains extend westward into the peninsular bay of Corkaguiny, under various names, among which one of remarkable conical shape is called Cahirconree.’
- ‘Similar domestic resistance led the crown to abandon its promotion of an industrial establishment in peninsular Spain.’
- ‘In his novel, he separated the peninsula from the continent, thus permitting the cultural meeting of the peninsular peoples with those from the other side of the Atlantic.’
- ‘He described it in the 1930s as the richest bird habitat in peninsular India, comparable only with the Eastern Himalayas.’
- ‘Outside of northern peninsular Malaysia, batik designs are usually produced in factories.’
- ‘It has a number of hill ranges and is the source of some of the most important peninsular rivers.’
- ‘Dominating the flat peninsular plain, the Dome's sheer scale is awesome.’
- ‘Anchor lines occasionally break on boats that are left unsupervised for long periods of time in the upscale peninsular enclave.’
- ‘The region is recognized as comprising several peninsular states.’
- ‘The crowds were too much for me, so I hopped on a free shuttle bus back to peninsular Macau.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.