One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An annual award for excellence in television, made by the Television Society of Australia.‘he won a Penguin Award for best actor’
- ‘In 1982, her talent was formally recognised when she won the Penguin award for best actress in a series.’
- ‘Those who started the Penguin awards had a lot of vision, but regrettably, the networks aren't able to have that vision.’
- ‘He is the winner of a Walkley award and a Penguin award for excellence in news reporting.’
- ‘The Penguin awards were introduced by the Television Society of Australia to promote excellence within the industry while providing a forum for discussion.’
- ‘Over the years, the Penguin awards waxed and waned in popularity until they vanished from our screens.’
- ‘She is pictured here with fellow Penguin-award winner Desmond.’
1960s: from the shape of the trophy, which, although it depicts an ear listening to a television tube, strongly resembles a penguin.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.