One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tray in an office for paperwork awaiting attention.
- ‘However, alternative route options have been worked out and sit in Kim's pending tray awaiting a decision.’
- ‘Sadly, there is such a back-log of similar cases in the pending tray at the head-quarters that the case has not yet ‘come to trial’.’
- ‘In a marvellous piece of Greek judiciary, the judge has put the case in the pending tray.’
- ‘Use your pending tray as a tabletop management system for important items.’
- ‘Pending tray shows full information about the documents that are pending so you can quickly navigate to and view the document that you require.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.