Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tray in an office for paperwork awaiting attention.
- ‘Pending tray shows full information about the documents that are pending so you can quickly navigate to and view the document that you require.’
- ‘Use your pending tray as a tabletop management system for important items.’
- ‘However, alternative route options have been worked out and sit in Kim's pending tray awaiting a decision.’
- ‘Sadly, there is such a back-log of similar cases in the pending tray at the head-quarters that the case has not yet ‘come to trial’.’
- ‘In a marvellous piece of Greek judiciary, the judge has put the case in the pending tray.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.