One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The courts are also powerless to ensure maintenance for herself and her children during the pendency of the trial.’
- ‘We do not anticipate making further comments during the pendency of the judicial process.’
- ‘Neither the pendency of the applications for special leave to appeal to this Court, nor the disposition of the matter in the Court of Appeal precludes the making of such an order.’
- ‘And it is in effect and will remain in effect for the pendency of the case.’
- ‘One of the reasons for pendency is lack of adequate staff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.