Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small box for pencils, pens, and other writing equipment.
- ‘Rebecca took out her pencil box and set it onto the table.’
- ‘She picked out a pencil from her pencil box and began to draw.’
- ‘A new kind of pencil box seems to have caught the fancy of children.’
- ‘Her pencils were pre-sharpened, thanks to her mother's careful packing of her pencil box the night before.’
- ‘She reached over and took out a black ball-point pen from her school pencil box.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.