One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small box for pencils, pens, and other writing equipment.
- ‘Rebecca took out her pencil box and set it onto the table.’
- ‘She reached over and took out a black ball-point pen from her school pencil box.’
- ‘Her pencils were pre-sharpened, thanks to her mother's careful packing of her pencil box the night before.’
- ‘A new kind of pencil box seems to have caught the fancy of children.’
- ‘She picked out a pencil from her pencil box and began to draw.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.