Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A player who plays while their own team is reduced through a penalty, especially one skilled at preventing the opposing team from scoring.
- ‘The penalty killers need to maintain their smothering style and the power play needs to turn it up.’
- ‘The penalty killers have been together a long time, and they know each other well.’
- ‘He's physical, a good penalty killer and is younger than 30.’
- ‘The addition of the player, a hard-hitting penalty killer, should help.’
- ‘The team in the next round might have better penalty killers, squelching the opportunity to win on special teams.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.