One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player who plays while their own team is reduced through a penalty, especially one skilled at preventing the opposing team from scoring.
- ‘The penalty killers need to maintain their smothering style and the power play needs to turn it up.’
- ‘The addition of the player, a hard-hitting penalty killer, should help.’
- ‘The penalty killers have been together a long time, and they know each other well.’
- ‘He's physical, a good penalty killer and is younger than 30.’
- ‘The team in the next round might have better penalty killers, squelching the opportunity to win on special teams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.