One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Freed from the penally high interest rate and export-crushing exchange, the economy recovered rapidly.’
- ‘In consequence, international criminal rules aim to prevent or at least circumscribe such conduct by stigmatizing it as criminal and making it penally punishable.’
- ‘For example, the unions operated penally high overtime rates of pay which greatly affected the entire practice of location filming.’
- ‘He remains imperious with an eight-iron or less in his hands, but the driver has been his problem and yesterday he continued to struggle with it, steering a tee shot into penally thick rough on the left of the 483-yard 15th.’
- ‘The Society met over the weekend to discuss how Ireland's motor business will deal with Governments which penally tax the industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.