One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, the unions operated penally high overtime rates of pay which greatly affected the entire practice of location filming.’
- ‘The Society met over the weekend to discuss how Ireland's motor business will deal with Governments which penally tax the industry.’
- ‘In consequence, international criminal rules aim to prevent or at least circumscribe such conduct by stigmatizing it as criminal and making it penally punishable.’
- ‘Freed from the penally high interest rate and export-crushing exchange, the economy recovered rapidly.’
- ‘He remains imperious with an eight-iron or less in his hands, but the driver has been his problem and yesterday he continued to struggle with it, steering a tee shot into penally thick rough on the left of the 483-yard 15th.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.