One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or situated within the bony pelvis.
- ‘The anatomical location of the pelvic blood vessels puts them at risk for injury during hip surgery.’
- ‘In many centres, especially in Europe, gynaecologists do not perform lymphadenectomy when pelvic lymph nodes are not suspicious.’
- ‘These veins anastomose freely with neighboring lumbar, pelvic, and rectal veins.’
- ‘There was no significant lymphadenopathy of the pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph nodes.’
- ‘No malignant cells were found in the lymph nodes, omentum, or pelvic washings.’
- ‘People having abdominal, pelvic, or brain scans may be given special instructions in advance about eating and drinking.’
- ‘Diagnosis may not be obvious if pelvic involvement precedes active bowel disease, or if drainage is clear or mucoid.’
- ‘In contrast, benign pelvic lymph nodes averaged 1.7 cm in their greatest dimension.’
- ‘To confirm the diagnosis, she had computed tomography of the abdomen, which showed extensive ascites but no obvious abdominal or pelvic mass.’
- ‘The laparoscope can be moved around within the abdominal or pelvic cavity to give several different views.’
- ‘The rectal shelf, representing pelvic metastasis of an intra-abdominal malignancy.’
- ‘The bladder is a hollow, muscular organ situated deep in the pelvic cavity behind the ureter tubes.’
- ‘Together they made significant contributions to the study of abdominal and pelvic viscera, vascular anatomy, and neuroanatomy.’
- ‘In some cases, it splits into two vessels, one of which remains in the pelvis to supply pelvic viscera.’
- ‘There was no extension into the endometrial cavity, nor into the pelvic peritoneum.’
- ‘Ovarian or pelvic irradiation with or without treatment with alkylating agents may adversely affect female fertility and pregnancy outcome.’
- ‘Sometimes it takes a year or two for nerves or blood vessels in your pelvic area to heal.’
- ‘Injury after childbirth usually involves all the pelvic floor and pelvic organ supports, although sometimes only one organ may prolapse.’
- ‘These could be the testicles, the pelvic lymph glands and the skeleton.’
- ‘The middle sacral artery may also provide a renal artery in cases of pelvic kidney.’
- 1.1 Relating to the renal pelvis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.