Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Form or shape (a substance) into pellets.‘they can crush the hops and pelletize the powder produced’
- ‘When pelletized and activated under specific conditions, poultry litter becomes a highly porous material with a large surface area.’
- ‘This bedding comes from indoor fowl-breeding houses where only pelletized food is served, so it is a mulch completely free of weed seeds.’
- ‘This means forking in as much compost as you can spare and tossing in some pelletised poultry manure or granular complete fertiliser before you plant.’
- ‘The pelletizing is done using a commercially available pellet mill at the researchers' facility.’
- ‘There's only one thing that will revive the toms, courgettes, rocket, spinach and fennel - pelletised chicken manure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.