Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stove used for heating which burns pellets made of wood or other organic materials.‘they started looking for a pellet stove in March, when fuel prices were beginning their surge’
- ‘I advocate that a plan be put into effect to offer individuals and families loans and help to put in pellet stoves.’
- ‘Pellet stoves use waste products like compressed mill sawdust in a system that burns cleaner than a traditional fireplace.’
- ‘Solar panels heat the water in summer while winter heat pours from a wood pellet stove.’
- ‘In Europe, pellet stoves are often used as the primary source of heat in places where it is not so cold that furnaces are required all winter.’
- ‘Some communities - in which the burning of solid wood is prohibited or limited - have far fewer controls on the use of pellet stoves.’
- ‘Now, in places where large companies always won logging rights, small businesses cull little trees to be used as fuel for pellet stoves.’
- ‘We went back to the family homestead, largely unchanged since my high-school years, except now there's a very vigorous, very noisy pellet stove in the living room, and the furniture's all been moved around.’
- ‘The tax rebates being received from the IRS would go a long way towards the purchase of pellet stoves or alternatives, for energy efficiency.’
- ‘A warming pellet stove offers a no-fuss way of heating your condominium.’
- ‘Additional heating is provided via a pellet stove and electricity is generated from a solar pv system on the roof.’
- ‘We bought a pellet stove a few years ago, when gas (and heating oil) was over $4.00 a gallon during the summer.’
- ‘Corn pellet stoves and wood pellet stoves look the same from the outside.’
- ‘One of the first public agencies to use bio fuels, the Commission has also introduced its first pellet stove and plans to install a number of wood chip systems to heat its buildings.’
- ‘Pellet stoves also have very low particulate emissions.’
- ‘Specially designed pellet stoves feed the pellets from a hopper via a worm-drive into the heat chamber where they burn with a single intense flame.’
- ‘A house that's that energy-efficient is going to be easy to bring up to a comfortable condition with a simple wood stove or pellet stove with a battery that can operate a fan.’
- ‘Any pellet stove will burn whatever combustible material can be fitted through its auger, which may include anything from dried cherry pits to manure.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.