One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘He didn't like you either, might I remind you,’ he responded peevishly.’
- ‘He told me so, peevishly, when I interviewed him.’
- ‘‘Well, I couldn't very well blurt out the truth,’ snapped Sam, peevishly.’
- ‘‘You never should have opened your mouth,’ warned the judge peevishly.’
- ‘‘This country needs engineers,’ she muttered peevishly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.