One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A backsight for rifles with a circular hole through which the foresight is brought into line with the object aimed at.
- ‘If your rifle is blessed with a front sight, also consider packing a little, auxiliary peep sight that slips into the rear scope base.’
- ‘If you don't think that's far take a look at a turkey silhouette at 385 meters through peep sights.’
- ‘All rifles are shot with open sights, which means no scopes, peep sights, or any of the other aids that are so familiar to the contemporary sporting shooter.’
- ‘The rear sight is a simple peep sight that is screw adjustable for both elevation and windage.’
- ‘However, if I raise that rifle's peep sight to the 300 yard setting then it is dead on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.