One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A backsight for rifles with a circular hole through which the foresight is brought into line with the object aimed at.
- ‘The rear sight is a simple peep sight that is screw adjustable for both elevation and windage.’
- ‘However, if I raise that rifle's peep sight to the 300 yard setting then it is dead on.’
- ‘If your rifle is blessed with a front sight, also consider packing a little, auxiliary peep sight that slips into the rear scope base.’
- ‘All rifles are shot with open sights, which means no scopes, peep sights, or any of the other aids that are so familiar to the contemporary sporting shooter.’
- ‘If you don't think that's far take a look at a turkey silhouette at 385 meters through peep sights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.