One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Built from whinstone, with a slate roof, the pedimented front door is a particularly handsome feature.’
- ‘Close by, a large pedimented entrance from the main door to the old banking hall, with its classical facade.’
- ‘It was built in a style that would not be out of place in Rome or Athens: the ruins had porticoed and pedimented fronts, and were supported by carved Corinthian pillars.’
- ‘He enlarged it, adding a third floor and two projecting pedimented Ionic pseudo-porticoes located to the east and west.’
- ‘Of the two buildings on the hill, only one is pedimented, and therefore definitely a temple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.