One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small pedal-operated vehicle, serving as a taxi in some countries.
- ‘There are also curious red-painted contraptions known as pedicabs, a sort of cycle-and-sidecar.’
- ‘Last year, London's taxi drivers went to court to get pedicabs (yes, that's what they're called) outlawed, claiming they were bad for business.’
- ‘Fit young men and women operate touring pedicabs, for example, to swing around the main points of interest.’
- ‘He added that 1,192 homes were burned down, 748 homes were damaged, and 16 cars, 43 motorcycles and 114 pedicabs were destroyed.’
- ‘He makes detailed models of motorcycles, bicycles, rickshaws and pedicabs just by using small pieces of electrical wire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.