One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of a town restricted to pedestrians.
- ‘Some animal rights demonstrators were standing in a pedestrian precinct, outside a shop selling furs.’
- ‘The 30 ft tree, which cost around £1, 500 and was funded by city centre traders, was left strewn across the pedestrian precinct.’
- ‘The road outside our store turns into a pedestrian precinct between the hours of 10 am - 4.30 pm.’
- ‘Mr Jones said in other parts of the town it was clear businesses such as his benefited from passing trade, rather than a pedestrian precinct.’
- ‘The scheme will make up one of the largest pedestrian precincts in the city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.