One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of a town restricted to pedestrians.
- ‘The road outside our store turns into a pedestrian precinct between the hours of 10 am - 4.30 pm.’
- ‘The scheme will make up one of the largest pedestrian precincts in the city.’
- ‘Mr Jones said in other parts of the town it was clear businesses such as his benefited from passing trade, rather than a pedestrian precinct.’
- ‘Some animal rights demonstrators were standing in a pedestrian precinct, outside a shop selling furs.’
- ‘The 30 ft tree, which cost around £1, 500 and was funded by city centre traders, was left strewn across the pedestrian precinct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.