One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A table with a single central support.
- ‘Simple wood furnishings, including an antique pedestal table, play up the room's low-key formality.’
- ‘As Inger sat next to him in the bare wood rocker, Ben took his pipe from the wobbly pedestal table between their chairs and lit it.’
- ‘Up to the 1830's, the parlor would be equipped with heavy furniture of solid mahogany, all elaborately carved: marbletopped pedestal tables, chairs upholstered in horse hair or leather; and folding game tables.’
- ‘A quick search throws up a beautiful peach mirrored pedestal table for £595 and an Italian mirrored chest of drawers from the 1940s, complete with original mirrored handles, for £2,995.’
- ‘The main cabin features a starboard side settee with small pedestal table that can be used as a dinette or converted to a small berth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.