A man who indulges in pederasty.
- ‘In later years he was convicted of being a pederast, wasn't he?’
- ‘But before he can confront that fact, he must first unravel a labyrinthine mystery that leads to a ring of high-powered gay pederasts.’
- ‘It is typically used to refer to a man who seeks out young boys for sexual pleasure, i.e. a pederast.’
- ‘The Scouts respond that their purpose is to serve boys, not scoutmasters - and that purpose requires them to protect young boys from any pederasts who predictably might be drawn to them.’
- ‘Yes, there are pederasts in every country - but it takes a society to make so many.’
Mid 17th century: from Greek paiderastēs.